CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hasan Assignment #8 - The Real Riel.


Hello this is my assignment 8- The Real Riel.


It's 2109, and scientists have made a time travel machine, that tajkes you back in time. Jerry Springer though that it would be nice to interview Canadas most controversial figure.



Jerry: Hello. Today we will be interviewing some one who is a leader of his people in their resistance against the Canadian government in the Northwest part of Canada. He is the most controversial figure in Canadian history. Please welcome Louis Riel.



Louis: Thank you Mr. Springer, and thank you for having me on your show.





Jerry: Your welcome and thank you for coming. So please tell us a little about you.



Louis: I was born in the Red River Settlement, or you can call it Manitoba in 1844. I was sent to Montreal to train for the priesthood, but I never graduated.

Jerry: Sorry to hear that.


Louis: Its OK, So as i was saying. In 1868 I went back to the Red River area. I was well educated, so I quickly emerged as a leader among the Métis of the Red River. In 1869-1870 I headed a provisional government, which eventually negotiate the Manitoba Act with the Canadian government.


Jerry: That's very interesting, can you tell us a little more about The Manitoba Act?


Louis: Sure. Basically the act established Manitoba as a province, and provided some protection for French language rights.The Act established Manitoba as a province and provided some protection for French language rights.

Jerry: So tell us how you got involved with the Métis.


Louis: In 1884, while teaching in Montana at a Jesuit mission, I was asked by the community of Métis from the south of the Saskatchewan to present their grievances to the Canadian government. Despite my assistance, the federal government ignored our concerns.


Jerry: So what happened?


Louis: By March of 1885, Métis patience was over, and a provisional government was declared.


Jerry: I see. So it's debated that your a traitor. Whats your side of the story?


Louis: I don't think of my self as a traitor. I am a patriot who stood up for my beliefs, and my people.


Jerry: Well i think that your a very brave man, and i would love to have you again on my show.


Louis: Thank you, and I would love to comeback. But that will be kind of hard, because as you can see...... I'm dead.

3 comments:

Firas D. said...

Awesome job Hasan! Keep up the good work.

Shauna Pollock said...

Funny ending! Your entry is very good, it has a realistic, conversational tone to it. Well done.

Anonymous said...

hey,nice blog!